Monday, April 17, 2006

April 17, 2006


Finally a day off work. Here's the yarn I made from the roving I displayed. It's the style of yarn I sell on ebay or etsy. What I spin for myself is finer, and usually from a fleece that I've bought. My current favorite wool is CVM. It's so nice and soft and is easily spun. I also have been spinning some churro that I bought on ebay that will make a great rug wool.

I am making progress on the rug and in fact, when I finish here, I'll be out on the porch weaving away!
Only 25 more inches and I'll be done.


I have some rugs to make for some friends to complement the entertainment center my DH made for them. They want some kind of a 'yei' picture rug which is something I said I'd never make because it has religious meaning to the Navajo. So maybe I'll talk them into buying one made by the Navajo and I'll weave something else. The two doors which hide the TV have inlaid pictures of a Navajo woman receiving a gift from a Yei. He also did other inlay work on the the smaller doors.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

DH is very talented indeed! Your navaho rug is wonderful!