Monday, May 22, 2006

Dyed in the wool

Well, it's been awhile since I've written anything. I haven't done much weaving, but I did buy a fleece from Jean Kamenicky of Grants Pass Oregon. It is a beautiful, lustrous, soft romney fleece and very reasonably priced. I washed it last week and today on my only day off this week, I am dyeing it in 6 oz increments in various colors. I do love to dye! I created a beautiful blue green that is my favorite so far. I still have a fushia with some yellow added that's still cooking as I write.
Four colors today and more in the coming days. I don't know why, but I love to take a relatively clean fleece and wash and dye and spin it. Don't know what I'll do with these colors, but I'll find something to do with them. I saw a beautful picture of a shawl from the Maryland show on yarnahoy's blog. It amazes me what people can do with yarn.

1 comment:

yarnahoy said...

I love the peachy fleece!
I once bought some locks of similar color & spun straight from them. The link is http://www.etsy.com/view_item_sold_anon.php?listing_id=124083&transaction_id=32889
Have fun spinning & weaving :)