Tuesday, April 11, 2006


This is a closer view of the inay feathers on the loom that my DH built for me. This picture was taken when he was building it about 2 years ago.

This loom sits on my front porch because there is no room inside for this loom. My house has been taken over by weaving and spinning stuff! One of the reasons I started this blog was hopefully re-invigorate myself to weaving rugs. The rug on this loom has been there for awhile and it's time to finish it!

Due to the high cost of medical benefits, I've had to go back to working full time so we can have decent healthcare, which doesn't leave much time for doing what I love to do. So I find myself doing more spinning and knitting, which I can do in the evening.

This is some roving I recently dyed. I handpaint roving to spin into yarn to sell on either ebay or etsy. After I'm done handpainting, I take the leftover dye, put some roving in a pot of water, and heat it up to about 175 or 180 and pour the dye in - lots of fun to see the colors blend. The one on the righ was only 2 colors - turquoise and yellow. I have an account at etsy - www.skyweaver.etsy.com . If you haven't taken a look before, check out etsy.com. Lots of crafters selling there craftwork on this site. The cost for selling is very reasonable. I do better there than on ebay, where I barely break even on costs.

No comments: