Monday, October 02, 2006

So my diet is coming along - I'm down 9.5 lbs as of yesterday. And yes, this is more of a lifestyle change rather than a diet, because I never was very good at diets. Mostly, just eat alot less and no junk food. I'm also trying to eat more veggies and fruits. I was walking, but my knee is still bothering me and have to take frequent breaks from standing (which is why I'm here writing).

I've started knitting the jaywalker socks using Lorna Laces sport sock. It's a fun knit, but I'm a little disappointed in the color changes - it's coming out 1 row of purple and 1 row of light purple - just not real exciting to watch as you knit.

I've started another rug. This time, after some unweaving, I sat down and did a color sketch of what I wanted - to scale and I'm hoping this helps because I'm used to using finer rug yarn and more intricate designs. The designs I'm doing now are larger and look different as I'm weaving. They look too big until I get the rug off the loom. So, we'll see.

No comments: