Sunday, August 20, 2006


Well, here's my cat. This is Yowie and like most cats, she loves wool, and also my rugs. I had this yarn out to look at to decide what to make with it, and as soon as I turn around, she's laying on it.


This is a scarf I'm weaving on my Glimakra loom. The picture doesn't show the colors at all accurately. Anytime the flash goes off, the colors are distorted. This is some merino/tencel handspun yarn, that I spun several years ago. I'm trying to use all this handspun that I've got.. It's wonderfully soft and springy. I'm so use to weaving rugs, and beating hard, that I'm having trouble beating without beating it hard. It's an undulating twill that you can somewhat see in the picture. I'm enjoying the weaving as it's something different from what I usually do.
The unweaving continues on the other loom.

We are all enjoying a somewhat quiet Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow night I start a class at the local community college. I haven't been to school in so long, it should be interesting to see how I do.

No comments: